Our mission is to help Marines, Sailors, and their family members successfully achieve their academic goals. Services available include processing of Tuition Assistance (TA) forms, printing academic transcripts, United Services Military Apprenticeship Program (USMAP) information, offer Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) testing, and academic advisement.
The Voluntary Education Program advocates life-long learning for the Department of Defense community by providing policy, program guidance, and resource oversight. In addition you’ll find information on military Tuition Assistance, and Service Member Opportunity College (SOC), Troops To Teachers (TTT), etc.
JST System: https://jst.doded.mil/smart/signIn.do
Download the Joint Services Transcript (JST) Correction/Update Procedures (MARINES) here >>
Degree programs for the Marine Corps. Earn a college degree while you're in the Marine Corps.
Our on base college representatives are located in Bldg 111 (Education Center) across from the base gas station.
- Columbia College – Diana Schriefer, Director, 866-594-2330
- National University – Doug Barr, Associate Regional Dean Military and Veteran Affairs, 619-563-7482
- San Diego Community College – Jeanie Tyler, Director Off-Campus Program, 619-295-9974
- Contact the Education Center staff concerning visiting colleges/universities
(Installation Personnel Administration Center (IPAC) provides Military Testing in Building 622 (DLAB, ARC or RCAT, EDPT, AFCT GCT, LPT for Marines)
NEW AFCT/ASVAB RETEST POLICY PER MCO 1230.5B
- ARMED FORCES CLASSIFICATION TEST (AFCT) RETEST POLICY PDF [15 KB]
- ARMED FORCES CLASSIFICATION TEST (AFCT) RETEST POLICY Word Doc [26 KB]
AFCT test is given to military personnel only and are scheduled by appointment on Fridays at 0800.
Tests are given to military personnel only and are scheduled by appointment.
Phone: (619) 524-6123
Fax: (619) 524-6110
41001 Midway Ave
Bldg 622, Room 121
San Diego, CA 92140
• CSU MENTOR
• Leadership Scholar Program (LSP)
• CSU Special Admission Program
• Tuition Assistance: MCCS Headquarters
• Tuition Assistance: California Department of Veterans Affairs
• Online Academic Skills Course (Free to all active duty and family members)
• CALIFORNIA TROOPS TO COLLEGE: Getting the troops into the California college system
Building 111 across from the gas station.
Monday - Friday
0730 - 1600
Education Services Officer
619-524-8158 or 619-524-8280
Education & Career Specialist
619-524-1275 or 619-524-6865
Located in Building 11
Monday - Friday
0800 - 1600