FAMILY MEMBER EMPLOYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAM (FMEAP)
Family Member Employment Assistance Program (FMEAP) provides assistance to Active Duty military family members (reservists, retirees, and civilians, if space is available) to help them achieve their personal and professional goals through employment, education, or volunteerism.
FMEAP EMPLOYMENT SPECIALIST ASSIST with:
- Career Advising & Coaching
- Education, Entrepreneurial & Training Resources
- Individual Career Assessment & Planning
- Interviewing Skills
- Job Search Strategies
- MiliSpouse Career Connections
- Resume Assistance
- Salary Negotiations
- Volunteer & Skills Development
CAREER RESOURCE MANAGEMENT CENTER
The Career Resource Management Center (CRMC) provides information and assistance to help military service members, their family members, retirees, and DoD civilian employees with their job search. We provide a variety of resources such as a resource library, computer work stations, fax service and job listings.
MILITARY TRANSITION: THE SPOUSE EDITION
SPOUSE TRANSITION AND READINESS SEMINAR (S.T.A.R.S)
Spouses it is your chance to ask experts about what to expect when your Marine or Sailor retires or separates from active duty service. Stay informed about your family’s benefits, entitlements, health care insurance and VA benefits. Receive tips and resources to assist you in making plans for your future and prepare for life beyond the military!
Calling all spouses! Turn your life experience into college credit!
If you are seeking an Associates or Bachelor’s degree your life experience may earn you college credit. The Department of Defense acknowledges the many ways you support your service member, and are conducting a pilot test program that captures all of your volunteer, work, and life experiences as a military spouse. Contact Military One Source for more information and to get signed up.
Military One Source website
CAREER RESOURCE LINKS
The My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program
is a workforce development program that provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification or Associate’s degree in a portable career field and occupation.
My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Program Basics:
The My Career Advancement Account Scholarship Fact Sheet
- Who is eligible to participate in the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship program
- What the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship funding does and does not pay for
- How to establish a My Career Advancement Account Scholarship program account
- How to provide feedback to the My Career Advancement Account Scholarship program
- How to get additional information and assistance