The L.I.N.K.S. (Lifestyle, Insights, Networking, Knowledge and Skills) Program is dedicated to the military spouses, significant others and family members navigating the Marine Corps lifestyle. Workshops and meet-ups provide an opportunity for those interested to learn about all things Marine Corps and network with others near and far. Workshops and meet-ups are now offered virtually!
The program works through a partnership of volunteer spouses, Marine Corps Family Team Building (MCFTB) staff, Marine Corps Career Retention Specialists and Chaplains.
Experienced military spouses have the opportunity to be volunteer mentors leading discussion groups and facilitating presentation. The climate is informal, with a nurturing structure and format. Participants receive real life tips, information on Marine Corps culture, and available resources to enable them to help themselves.
L.I.N.K.S. PROVIDES INFORMATION ON
- Marine Corps history, tradition and language
- Benefits and services
- Financial awareness
- Dealing with depot training cycles and deployment separation
- Tips on moving
- Effective communication
THE MEANING OF L.I.N.K.S.
- L — Lifestyle is a way of living and understanding the unique military community and culture.
- I — Insights come from experienced Marine Corps spouses who relate and share their first-hand experiences and know what you are going through. These mentors want to help you understand, adapt and be successful in this new culture you married into.
- N — Networking represents the people you get to know during L.I.N.K.S. and all the others you will meet during your journey in Marine Corps living.
- K — Knowledge is all that is learned because … “You don’t know, what you don’t know until you partner with L.I.N.K.S.!”
- S — Skills you will learn to help you enjoy and thrive in the Marine Corps community.